PLEASANT FOREST CEMETERY AND SCHOOL
David Campbell, who owned much of the land in the fertile region call Grassy Valley, donated a portion of it for the purpose of erecting a "Meeting House," as churches were then called. A school building at the location was about one and one quarter mile east of Campbell Station in a grove. It was given the name of Pleasant Forest.
A shed was erected as a temporary place of worship, later becoming a log building. In 1796, a Presbyterian church was organized by the Reverend Samuel G. Ramsey, a noted Presbyterian minister, who was also the pastor of the church for several years
MEMORIAL FOR COFOUNDERS OF CAMPBELL STATION
David Campbell and Archibald McCaleb settled Campbell Station on March 7, 1787. By 1798 a small church and school was erected on Col. Campbell's land that he had given the site of the present day cemetery. He sold his real estate holdings at Campbell Station in 1823 and moved his family to Wilson County, Tennessee. He is buried in Leesville Cemetery in Wilson County.
Archibald McCaleb is believed to be buried in an unmarked grave in Pleasant Forest Cemetery. Archibald McCaleb was born in 1750 in the Pendleton District of North Carolina and is believed to have fought in the Revolutionary War. He was granted 350 acres in the Sinking Creek area. He was killed by Indians in 1813.
MONUMENT IN MEMORY OF ELDER DAVID CAMPBELL
Campbell family history can be traced back to Alexander Campbell of Invary, Argylshire, Schotland, whose son William married Mary Byers and removed to the Ulster District of Northern Ireland near Londonderry. They emigrated to America with seven children, settling in Augusta County, Virginia. Among their eight children (the eighth born in America) were David, father of Captain or Colonel David Campbell, founder of Campbell’s Station and Robert, the father of Alexander, David and James Campbell whose families were in the original company at Campbell’s Station.
ARCHIBALD ROANE MONUMENT
Archibald Roane (1759 or 1760 – January 18, 1819) was the second Governor of Tennessee, serving from 1801 to 1803. He won the office after the state's first governor, John Sevier, was prevented by constitutional restrictions from seeking a fourth consecutive term. He quickly became caught up in the growing rivalry between Sevier and Andrew Jackson, and was soundly defeated by Sevier after just one term. Roane served as an attorney general in the Southwest Territory in the early 1790s, and later served as a judge on the state's Superior Court of Law and Equity (1796–1801) and the Supreme Court of Errors and Appeals (1815–1819).